Microsoft has provided an update about Yammer adoption statistics since acquisition and outlined the roadmap for SharePoint and Yammer going forward
A press release from Microsoft outlines plans for Yammer and SharePoint going forward
Twelve-month growth highlights include
- Registered users have grown by more than 55 percent to nearly 8 million.
- Paid networks increased more than 200 percent year over year.
- Yammer user activity (i.e., messages, groups and files) has approximately doubled year over year.
Newly release features
- Yammer newsfeed for SharePoint Online and Office 365. Yammer now works even more deeply and seamlessly with Office 365 and SharePoint Online, allowing customers to replace the SharePoint newsfeed with Yammer.
- New Yammer application in Office Store. Available by the end of June in the Office Store, the Yammer application will allow customers to easily embed Yammer group feeds into SharePoint sites, creating a connection between groups and sites to deliver the best of Yammer and SharePoint.
Coming up in the next few months
- Improved email interoperability. New capabilities will make it easier for users to follow and participate in conversations across Yammer and email.
- Expanded Yammer messaging and external communication. Expanded functionality helps meet everyday communications requirements, such as seamless external communication and enhancing real-time directed messaging.
- SharePoint search integration. Integrated search makes it easier to find information across Yammer and SharePoint quickly.